I CAN'T BELIEVE ASHTON IS ONE!!!!!!!! It is seriously so hard for me to believe. He is such a joy to have him in our family. He makes us laugh every day.
Some of his favorite things right now
- His Big Brothers.....he loves them and misses them so much when they are gone to school. It has been a hard adjustment for him. He just can't wait for them to get home. He is also so happy when he hears them come through that door.
- He has also learned to wave goodbye. He will wave and say "Bye." It's darling.
- He also loves to talk on my cell phone. He talks to no one, but picks it up, puts it to his ear and says "HI." It's hilarious.
- He is starting to stand up in the middle of a room. He doesn't dare take a step yet, but he is getting pretty brave.
- HE SLEEPS IN HIS OWN BED!!!!! Thanks to Brooke and Dan. (Can I hire you to teach my other 2 how to do that?) Oh well, I honestly don't think it can last much longer can it?
- He HATES his car seat. This is just a new one....can't quite figure it out either. We have to have a movie playing the hope he falls asleep. STRANGE!!!!
- He also hates to sit in his high chair. I am wondering if he just thinks he is too big to do it??
- He loves to drive cars and trucks around. He makes the noise and everything. Cracks me up. ALL BOY!!!!
- He also LOVES to crawl into the family room and just "flop" himself all spread out and just lay there until we tickle him. He loves to do this with his brothers. They love it too.
- He LOVES his daddy. Jason is absolutely darling with him. (As he is and was with the other 2...) But Ashton loves when he comes home too.
- He hates shoes, like his mother..... I don't blame him.
- He loves to give kisses too. They are big, open mouthed and slobbery, but trust me, as a mother you DON'T turn them down!! :)
We had a little birthday party for him and Hayden and I made this little cake for him.
In case you can't tell, it's a spider. :)
We had a blast making it, but I we didn't dare eat it because of all of the frosting on it!! Anyway, Ashton ate his and LOVED it. (Have to thank Angie for her mixing cup we used for his head. She is really a resourceful gal!! LOVE YA ANG!!)
And of course the cleanup. The poor thing.... the black frosting stained his little tummy. It's funny...just today is it gone...3 days later.
This is his little lion he got to ride on. He likes it too, but can't find "forward." He climbs on it and pushes himself "backwards." Hopefully he'll figure it out sooner or later.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHIE!!!! We love you to pieces.

7 comments:
That frosting is hilarious! What a fun age:)
What a cute boy and that is such a cute cake!
What? I can't believe he is already a year old. What an angel! The tub pictures are the best - it looks like he had a fabulous day! When you look at those cute happy boys you can tell they have the greatest parents!
OMG!! The cake turned out amazing!
How cute is Ashie in all those pictures (especially the tubbie ones). Sorry we missed the party.
love you guys, Angie
I'm so glad you posted lots of pictures!! Ashie has grown up SO much since I saw him!! It looks like he had a GREAT birthday!!
The cake is darling, too!! How fun! Great job!
Hello!! Thank you soooo much for comment..that's means so much that you thought of us. It's looks like you love being a mom!! Thank you again:) It's good to hear from you!!
Hey Natalie!! It's Karalee, I found you on Mandi's blog. Your boys are so cute! I haven't seen you guys in years.
Post a Comment