Saturday, September 19, 2009

When do I get to go hunting?

For all of you wives out there with hunting husbands, I am sure you will somewhat identify. I don't want to sound like I am a whining person, but I am at the end of my rope.

Jason has been hunting all week. Did I mention ALL WEEK LONG!!! He's been getting up at the crack of dawn, loading his stuff and off he goes! Calling once in a blue moon to "check on" things....not to return till long after dark.

I seriously have had it! I'm trying to work, take care of kids, homework, driving them everywhere and anywhere... house, laundry, yard and all of the other duties of parents... ALL ALONE!!!

So... tonight have now decided that one of these next days, I am going to get up at the crack of dawn, load my "stuff" and head out not to return till after dark and not have a care in the world! I know it's nice for him to get away from the every day rigmarole of life, but I have had it.

Today my kids went to a friends house and it was almost 3 hours before I even thought to them! How sad is that? What a horrible mother I am. Do you think he would survive my "hunting expedition".....

Wouldn't it honestly be nice to be the "hunter" of the family???? Please forgive my pessimistic attitude... won't it be nice to curl up into bed.... oh wait, he'll need a foot massage..... he's exhausted from all of his walking!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

6 comments:

Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com said...

You and I are on the same page today. Dan got to go to Boston for 4 days, and he's planning his hunting escapade in a few weeks, and all I can think about is...WHEN is it MY turn?!?!?! GRRRRR right along with you.

** Adrian ** said...

Hmmm.... well, I don't have a hunting husband, but Nate's been working the closing shift for the last 2 weeks & I'll admit I've been feeling like a single mom, too. He sleeps in, gets up & showers leisurely when he feels like it & leaves for work EARLY (why spend time with my wife when I can go back to work?!?) & then works until 1:00 IN THE MORNING. I swear it has been the longest 2 weeks EVER! Today was his only day off this week & we were so busy getting caught up around the house that we STILL didn't even get a chance to talk to each other. I forgot to even ask him if he closes next week, too. Cross your fingers (for both our sakes -- & my kids' too!) that he doesn't. I don't think I'll survive if he does. I'm going CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm right there with ya. . . TRUST ME! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Kaysie said...

AMEN Sista! You don't know how bad I needed to hear this today (as B is up in an airplane with his buddy). :( and the whole month of Oct. completely dedicated to hunting. Let's run away together!

chr!st!e said...

I think we should plan a "hunting" trip. It would involve "hunting" for deals in Park City, and a nice quiet meal without the kids, and we could even splurge for a hotel room....

Karalee Ann said...

I know exactly how you feel!! My husband has been in Colorado hunting for the last 10 days and just got back last night and he couldn't ever call because of no service so I only got a text like a couple of times a day. And now he is going to leave again Tuesday night to help his brother on his Oak City hunt. The only thing that keeps me sane is going to my parents house and stay with them so I don't have to try and take care of a 2 year by myself while being pregnant! I can relate and I feel your pain.

Angie said...

All I can say is AMEN! Hang in there girl, and I'm with Christie, anytime you decided to go "hunting" call me, I'll pack up my "stuff" and we can head out at the crack of dawn, without the kids or a care in the world! Sounds fun!