Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

If I could have done a back flip I would have!!! School is back in session!!! Okay, not really. Though I am really excited for the boys to be back in school, I do have to admit it is pretty lonely around here. This was my first summer working from home and it was really, really challenging. The boys didn't understand that if I was in the middle of a phone call they had to be quiet and they didn't understand why they had to get off of Playhouse Disney so I could check my emails and they also didn't understand why I could'nt be at their beckon call, even though I really wanted to be. They were really good sports and I love them for it, even if it was hard for them.

Bracken is in 4th Grade this year. Yes, I know, 4th grade. And no, I am not that old. :) or am I? He was so excited to go and I have to admit I got pretty teary eyed when he didn't let me walk him to his classroom on the first day. His teacher is Mrs. Bliss. Oh, and watch out ladies, he found his daddy's cologne!! SCARY!!!!!! He is going to do great this year. I love that toothy smile of his. What a doll.




Hayden is in Kindergarten. They have started something new over here and are having them go all day. I was a little nervous at first about it, but my mind was put at ease when I sat down with his teacher and she explained to me all of the benefits of it. She said that they learn to read faster, they write better and they are also finding that they pay better attention as they progress through school because they aren't struggling to keep up with the curriculum as much because they have already learned good study habits in Kindergarten. I WAS SOLD!!!! But we'll see. He has absolutely loved it so far. He has Mrs. Jensen. These pictures say it all. He didn't act too excited to go on the first day, but when he got there he wouldn't even give me a hug. He found his friends from last year in Preschool and away he went. I finally got him to "crack" a smile in the last picture. AND SO IT BEGINS!!!!! :)




Thanks to all of you teachers out there. You are very special people.

2 comments:

** Adrian ** said...

YAY...the first day of school!!! I love the pictures--especially Hayden's when he's hiding!! & I can't believe how grown up Bracken looks! I swear he's changed so much since we were there last month!! 4th grade--CRAZY!!!! It's no fair that you have all day Kindergarten--that sounds AWESOME!!

Love ya, AD =D

Jensen Family said...

Nat,
Your kids are so cute! I wish our elementary school offered all-day kindergarten. I would be all over that. Especially Alex, I think she could handle all day. Your blog is really cute. I am adding you to my friends list, hope that is okay.